Energy Efficiency and Assistance Programs
Programs are available to La Grange residents that are designed to promote energy efficiency and assist eligible low-income households to pay for energy services. Various programs can be accessed by visiting the following resources:
- Commonwealth Edison or call 1-888-806-2273
- Nicor Gas or call 1-888-642-6748. Various programs include the Nicor Gas Sharing Program, Nicor Gas Budget Plan and Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program. View specific information regarding the Nicor Gas Energy Efficiency Program. The program provides financial rebates for installing energy-efficient equipment that lowers energy costs.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) or Percentage of Income Payment Plan (PIPP) or call 1-877-411-9276. Hardship programs and grants are available for customers facing challenges in paying electric and gas bills. Eligibility is based on several factors including household size, location, and income.
- Aging Care Connections or call 1-708-354-1323. The Agency is located at 111 W. Harris in downtown La Grange and provides assistance to low-income and senior residents in need of utility bill relief.
- West Suburban Neighborhood Preservation Agency - call 1-708-410-2300. Qualified homeowners may be eligible for a zero percent interest deferred loan of up to $50,000 with no monthly payments as long as the homeowner lives in and retains title to the home.
- Cook County Community and Economic Development Agency (CEDA) or call 1-312-795-8844. Services include Home Energy Assistance, Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program, and housing programs.
View information regarding the Energy Impact Illinois program.
For more information regarding programs available to assist residents with managing their energy, please contact the Village Manager's office at (708) 579-2313.