- LG2020 Task Force
La Grange 2020 Task Force
In 2014, the Village of La Grange celebrated its 135th anniversary of incorporation. To maintain and enhance the quality of life currently enjoyed by residents, a fixed-term advisory panel of residents was created in 2013 to think about and advise the Village Board on major topics such as economic development, Village finances, infrastructure, core services, and community vitality.
Over a nine-month period, the La Grange 2020 Task Force met on the third Wednesday of each month starting in September 2013. A final report and presentation were provided to the Village Board at its June 9, 2014, Village Board Meeting. The dates, topics and associated materials for each of the meetings are as follows:
- September 18 - Economic Development - Economic Developments Presentation (PDF) and La Grange Business Association (LGBA) Presentation (PDF)
- October 16 - Review of Comprehensive Plan - Comprehensive Plan Document and Comprehensive Plan Presentation (PDF)
- November 20 - Public Safety - Fire Department Presentation (PDF) and Police Department Presentation (PDF) and Consolidated Dispatch Presentation (PDF)
- December 18 - Village Finances - Village Finances - Presentation (PDF) and Village Manager's Fiscal Year 2013 to 14 Budget Message (PDF)
- January 15 - Infrastructure. Capital Improvements Program (CIP) and Financial Summaries (PDF); Capital Projects Fund (PDF); Water Fund (PDF); and Sewer Fund (PDF). Infrastructure Presentation (PDF)
- February 19 - Community Service and Support Organizations / Citizens Council
- March 19 - Small Group Discussions
- April 16 - Reports from Pillar Groups / Group Discussion
- June 9 - Final La Grange (LG) 2020 Presentation (PDF) and Full Report (PDF) to the Village Board
Agendas and approved minutes for each meeting are available on the Village's website.